For 2012, The Fringe Files presented new comedy farce The Cook Did It!, written by Michael Starr and directed collectively.
The once thriving Old Barn Country Hotel plays host to an unwanted spate of sinister murders. Jenkins undertakes the task of identifying the killer, however, it seems everybody has something to hide, except the cook, who’s really nice.
For this production, The Fringe Files welcomed new members Ian Tapner (stage design), Gordon Watson (tech), Jenny Ball (performer), Nathalie Eeckhout (performer), Adam Holland (performer) and Lauren Bowen (performer). Regulars Quintin Mitchell (performer) and Arianne Wolodarsky (props master) both returned, whilst Michael Starr (performer / writer / producer) and graphic illustrator Jeff Haas completed the line-up.
Rehearsals took place between July and October, 2012 at The Nog Inn (Wincanton). Performance venues included The Rhoda McGaw Theatre, as part of the Woking Drama Festival (October 11th, 2012), The Memorial Hall (Wincanton) on November 3rd, 2012 & The Drawbridge (Bristol) on November 4th, 2012.
The following members were involved in this production:
- Jeff Haas (Graphic Illustrator)
- Gordon Watson (Sound & Light Tech)
- Ian Tapner (Set Design)
- Arianne Wolodarsky (Props Master)
- Michael Starr (Performer / Writer / Producer)
- Quintin Mitchell (Performer)
- Adam Holland (Performer)
- Lauren Bowen (Performer)
- Nathalie Eeckhout (Performer)
- Jenny Ball (Performer)
- Fernando (Support Act - Bristol)
We are proud to have received the following award acknowledgements:
- Best lighting - Gordon Watson (nominated) at the Woking Drama Festival.
- Best male actor - Michael Starr (nominated) at the Woking Drama Festival.
- Best new play - Michael Starr (nominated) at the Woking Drama Festival.
This script is now available to digitally download for free. Please do consider offering a token donation to the writer.