For 2014, The Fringe Files presented new fantasy spoof A Tail of Forklure, written by Michael Starr and directed by Stuart Lyddon.
Here's the official video trailer:
Bygone friends Danny, Colin and Jack arrive at a private house party having been summoned by mutual pal Gus, but this is no ordinary party. Gus has a master plan, a plan fueled by an overwhelming desire for greatness.
For this production, The Fringe Files welcomed Chantal Bargery and Yasmin Alam for the first time as performer and costume designer respectively. This was the first production which demanded customised costumes. Ian Tapner (props master), Gordon Watson (tech), Quintin Mitchell (performer) and Stuart Lyddon (director) all returned in familiar roles alongside regulars Rozy Watson (hair & make-up), Adam Holland (performer) & Andrew Meadows (performer). Producer Michael Starr and graphic illustrator Jeff Haas completed the line-up.
A Tail of Forklure‘s tour run was extended to six venues early on, making it our biggest run to date. Like previous festival shows, A Tail of Forklure was nominated for awards, this time successfully winning the group silverware for the first time. It also featured the largest cast and crew to date.
Rehearsals took place between July and September 2014 at The Bear Hotel (Wincanton) and The Nog Inn (Wincanton). Performance venues included The Bear Hotel (Wincanton) on October 5, 2014, The Place (Taunton) on October 10, 2014, The Underground Theatre (Eastbourne) on October 19, 2014, Riverside Arts Centre, as part of the Spelthorne & Runnymede Drama Festival (October 25, 2014), Shaftesbury Arts Centre (November 8, 2014) & The Memorial Hall (Wincanton), as part of Terry Pratchett’s Hogswatch 2014 (November 30, 2014)
The following members were involved in this production:
- Stuart Lyddon (Director / Support act)
- Jeff Haas (Graphic illustrator)
- Gordon Watson (Sound / Light tech)
- Ian Tapner (Props master)
- Rozy Watson (Hair / Make-up)
- Yasmin Alam (Costume design)
- Michael Starr (Performer / Writer / Producer)
- Chantal Bargery (Performer)
- Quintin Mitchell (Performer)
- Adam Holland (Performer)
- Andrew Meadows (Performer)
- Julie Bennett (Front of House - Eastbourne)
We are proud to have received the following award acknowledgements:
- Best new play category to Michael Starr for A Tail of Forklure as presented at the Spelthorne & Runnymede Drama Festival (won) (2014).
- The adjudicator’s choice award category to Quintin Mitchell for A Tail of Forklure as presented at the Spelthorne & Runnymede Drama Festival (won) (2014).
- NDFA playwriting category to Michael Starr for A Tail of Forklure as presented at the Spelthorne & Runnymede Drama Festival (nominated) (2014).
- Best comedy play category to The Fringe Files for A Tail of Forklure as presented at the Spelthorne & Runnymede Drama Festival (nominated) (2014).
- Best female actor category to Chantal Bargery for A Tail of Forklure as presented at the Spelthorne & Runnymede Drama Festival (nominated) (2014).
We like to document our production progress, from beginning to end, via our online blog. Why not check out our blog posts relating to A Tail of Forklure.
- Productions = 1
- Performances = 7
- Locations = 6
- Festivals = 3
- Countries = 1
- Award Nominations = 5
- Award Wins = 2
This script is now available to digitally download for free. Please do consider offering a token donation to the writer.